Advising and Orientation Frequently Asked Questions
Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is "Academic Advising"?
Rate This FAQ
Academic advising is the process of assisting students in the identification and pursuit of academic or applied technology goals. Advisors help students select appropriate courses to achieve those goals. Advisors also familiarize students with degree requirements, help students interpret test and placement scores and monitor student progress toward graduation. They also assist students with clarifying major and/or career options, and help students achieve their educational goals by utilizing resources available on campus. Finally, advisors assist those students who plan to transfer and continue their education with taking appropriate courses and getting information on different colleges & universities.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is a CLEP test?
- How do I add or drop a class?
- What is a major?
- What types of degrees are available at USU Eastern, and what is the difference?
- What is a credit hour?
- What if I do not have a major?
- Do USU Eastern credits transfer?
- How do I know whether or not I need to take USU Eastern assessment test?