Advising and Orientation Frequently Asked Questions
Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What types of degrees are available at USU Eastern, and what is the difference?
Rate This FAQ
- Associate Degrees-The Associate of Science, Associate of Art, Associate of Criminal Justice and Associate of Business degrees are designed to meet the qualifications of the first two years of a Baccalaureate Degree. Students who transfer from USU Eastern to a public four year institution of higher education in the state of Utah will be automatically cleared of all general education requirements if they have earned an Associate Degree. To receive an Associate of Arts degree a student must complete two semesters of the same foreign language.
- Associate of Applied Science-The Associate of Applied Science Degree is designed for students who wish to complete their education in two years and obtain a marketable job skill in a specific area. This degree is not geared towards transferring to a four year institution to pursue a Baccalaureate Degree.
- Associate of Pre-Engineering (APE)-The Associate of Pre-Engineering degree is offered to students who plan to transfer to a university and pursue a baccalaureate degree in any of the traditional fields of Engineering.
- Certificate of Completion-A Certificate of Completion is designed for students who wish to complete their education in one or two years and obtain a marketable job skill in a specific area.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What if I won't be coming to school or I'm leaving school before the end of the semester?
- How do I know whether or not I need to take USU Eastern assessment test?
- What is GPA?
- What is a major?
- How do I apply to USU Eastern
- How do I add or drop a class?
- Do I have to take the classes recommended by my advisor?
- What is a CLEP test?