Grants for Licensed Providers


Family Provider Start-Up Grant Information & Application

 The Office of Child Care and Care About Childcare at USU Eastern has funding available for individuals wishing to obtain a Family Child Care License (Residential Certificate providers may not apply).  Up to $350 is reimbursed to providers to cover the costs of initial licensing fees and expenses.  The grant is a reimbursement after the expenses have already been incurred and you have received your license. You will need to keep receipts from purchases all you make which are required by Licensing such as:

  • Bureau of Licensing fees and City/County Business License fees
  • Fire & kitchen inspection fees, fire extinguishers, and smoke detectors
  • First aid kits
  • First Aid, CPR, Food Handlers Certification, and T.B. Test
  • CAC Basic Child Care class fee

In order to receive this Start-up Grant you will be required to send us:

  1. A grant application form.
  2. Copies of the receipts for your expenses.
  3. A copy of the certificate showing that you have completed the Basic Child Care course.
  4. A copy of your new child care license.

Care About Childcare Grant

As a participant in Care About Childcare (CAC), you will be given an invaluable opportunity  to highlight areas in which you excel, marketing you program to parents who are looking for the quality that you offer.  In addition, by participating, you may be eligible for a CAC grant consisting of select materials.  Funding is limited, and awarded on a first come, first serve basis.  For more information about this grant, please call 888-637-5815.

Additional Grants

Contact the Office of Child Care for additional grant opportunities.




Care About Childcare at USU Eastern •  451 East 400 North  • Price, UT  84501 • 888-637-4786 or 435-613-5619