The CIDI has a large variety of equipment available for use.
- Software: We try to keep our software up-to-date with the latest versions and releases. We have the latest version of Microsoft Office and the Adobe Creative Suite. We've also outfitted each of the workstations with Camtasia Studio. Our Mac computers have the latest iWork and iLife packages installed.
- Scanners: We have a slide scanner for importing slide images or negatives and flatbed scanners for photos and text. We are also able to scan multiple-page documents using an automatic document feeder.
- Printers: We have a color laser printer with duplex capabilities. Our color inkjet printer is capable of printing documents up to 18” x 24” large. For larger images, we have a professional quality plotter capable of printing images up to 36” wide.
- CD/DVD Burners: Our computers are equipped with CD and DVD burners that can be used to save material to CD or DVD.
- CD/DVD Duplicator: We have a CD/DVD duplicator that allows you to copy CDs/DVDs three at a time from a master CD or DVD.
- VHS/DVD Recorder: We have a dual VIDEO/DVD recorder capable of converting VHS to DVD or DVD to VHS.
- HD Camcorder: We have a full HD camcorder with built-in WI-FI for remote operation and live streaming. Equipped with a 3.28 megapixel image sensor for true 1920 x 1080 resolution, you can use this camcorder for all of your video capture needs.
- Lamination and Binding Equipment: We have cold and hot laminating systems capable of handling documents up to 24" wide as well as a manual plastic comb binding system ideal for binding standard letter-size documents.
Equipment and software are available in the CIDI lab. Please remember that the equipment is available for academic and professional use only.