Sexual Assault Resource Guide

If you believe you have experienced a sexual assault (or dating/domestic violence or stalking), it is not your fault. USU Eastern cares about you, and we offer you the following guidance to obtain the best care. You can use any or all of the resources below.

Ensure your safety first.

Find a place you feel safe from further harm. If you're in immediate danger, contact the police:

Call 911 for emergency help

For non-emergencies:

Campus Police - 5911
Price City Police - (435) 636-3190
Carbon County Sheriff - (435) 637-0890

Get medical attention.

These resources are totally confidential, and your incident is not shared. For a sexual assault forensic exam, please go directly to the hospital. In order to preserve evidence, do not bathe, shower, use the restroom, change your clothes, comb your hair, or clean up.

Castleview Hospital: (435) 637-4800 | 300 North Hospital Drive, Price Utah 84501

Report the incident to USU Eastern.

Regardless of when the incident occurred, you're encouraged to report to the Title IX office. Sexual misconduct by any employee or student is against USU policy, and the Title IX office investigates accusations to determine if a violation of our policy occurred. By contacting Title IX, you will not automatically activate an investigation.

This office will keep your experience as private as possible, but may share some information with USU employees necessary to investigate the incident or provide you with services. By reporting your experience to USU, you can also access protective measures that could include academic accommodations and changes to housing, or work or class schedules.

Report Sexual Misconduct

Report to police.

Police will address urgent safety and medical needs, determine whether they will investigate based on the facts presented, explain the criminal investigation process, and initiate a criminal investigation. If you request they NOT initiate an investigation, they will honor that request to the extent possible.

Campus Police - (435) 613-5612

Seek confidential counseling.

Emotional and psychological support will help you process your experience and manage any problems it can cause.

Mental Wellness




Non Life Threatening Emergency