Are you interested in becoming a child care provider?
- Would you like to be your own boss?
- Do you enjoy working with people?
- Do you like being organized?
- Do you enjoy nurturing and being with young children?
- Are you concerned about what happens to children when their parents need to work or go to school?
- Would you like a way to work at home, be with your children, and contribute to the family income at the same time?
Find out how to become licensed and learn about the benefits of being licensed as a child care provider. Care About Childcare can support you in taking steps to becoming a child care provider in your community. Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (435) 613-5619.
- Go to the Bureau of Child Care Licensing website to view information on requirements for both a Family Child Care License and a Residential Certificate. See the Comparison in Requirements for Licensed Family Child Care and Residential Certificate for more information.
- Attend Licensing Orientation. The Child Care Licensing Training Specialist at (801) 584-8292 can help you schedule this.
- Contact Care About Childcare - USU Eastern at (435) 613-5619 if you would like the assistance of a mentor to help you through the licensing process. We will also answer your questions about the Family Start-Up Grant.
- Attend professional development that is scheduled in your area.