Connections is a two-credit academic course designed to ease your transition to Utah State University Eastern by helping you understand the purpose of higher education and how you can intentionally take advantage of the many opportunities and resources available to you as a college student.
- Find your why
- Understand your responsibilities as a student
- Develop a mindset of success and belonging
- Meet your student success leader
- Maximize your opportunities
How to Take Connections (USU 1010)
August 25-27, 2021 Wednesday – Friday 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Connections Events Friday 9-10 p.m.
Online assignments through October
What Do You Learn in Class?
Classes discuss the importance of failure and resilience, and how students can go about developing habits of mind that will help them professionally, civically, and personally throughout their lives.
- Resilience and Overcoming Challenges
- Building a Learning Community
- Time Management
- Intentionally Planning a Degree
- Becoming a Learner
- Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Inclusion and Upstanding
- Logistics of Navigating USU