Environmental Studies: BS
Department: Environment and Society Department
College: S.J. & Jessie E. Quinney College of Natural Resources
About This Degree
The environmental studies degree introduces students to the breadth of issues, concerns, and opportunities that arise from humans’ complex relationships with nature. After this broad introduction, students can focus on specific topics that can help humanity live more sustainably on the earth, such as communication, planning, policy analysis, entrepreneurship, and more.
Environmental studies majors learn about the ecology of natural areas and about the political, economic, geographic, and social aspects of nature and its management. Students focus on natural resource and environmental issues confronting society as they look for solutions that can sustain both the natural environment and human communities.
- Castle Dale
- Price (USU Eastern)
To view all degrees and programs available at USU, visit Degree Finder. Please note, not all degrees and programs are available at every location. We recommend searching by location unless you intend on relocating. Contact a Statewide Campuses advisor to verify program availability in your area.
View Potential Careers
With a degree in environmental studies, graduates can pursue the following careers:
- Environmental communicators or educators in business, government, or nonprofit organizations
- Advocates for environmental causes or natural resource constituencies
- Public land management
- Manage organizations’ compliance with environmental regulations
- Conduct audits of internal environmental efficiency
- Work with international programs fostering sustainable development
- Sustainable forestry network and the native forest council
- Natural resources defense council member
- Geographic data analyst
- Laboratory analyst
- Industrial environmental manager
- Environmental scientist
- Environmental activist
The Career and Design Center provides counseling and information on hundreds of job and internship opportunities and even helps students apply and interview.
Course Listing (University Catalog)
How to Get Started
Connect with a local rep
Tell us about yourself.Get Started
Talk to an advisor
Get help deciding or learn more about degrees and programs.Make an Appointment
You can apply online at any time to Utah State University.Apply Now