Department: Psychology Department
College: Emma Eccles Jones College of Education & Human Services
About This Degree
The Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services, which houses the Psychology Department, ranks in the top 2% of all graduate colleges of education. The college was also ranked third in the nation in total research dollars received, according to "America's Best Graduate Schools" U.S. News & World Report.
Psychology Department faculty actively collaborate with students on a variety of research projects, including parenting interventions for Latino families, interventions for individuals with anxiety disorders, cognition in young children, animal modeling of drug abuse, impulsivity, etc. Students are active in presenting at national conferences, authoring journal articles and book chapters, and submitting for grant funding.
Specialization (students must choose a specialization)
- Behavior Analysis (PhD) - The behavior analysis specialization provides training for students interested in the Experimental Analysis of Behavior and Applied Behavior Analysis and Translational Research.
- Brain and Cognition (PhD) - The brain and cognition specialization provides extensive training for students interested in behavioral, cognitive, molecular, systems, or computational neuroscience.
- Combined Clinical/Counseling Psychology (PhD) - Prepare for a career as a psychologist providing psychological services and conducting research in a variety of settings.
- Quantitative Psychology (PhD) - The quantitative psychology specialization area deals with the development, application, evaluation, and refinement of quantitative methods for measurement, statistics, and data analysis.
- School Counseling (MEd) - Train to become a professional school guidance counselor and work in K-12 public and private school settings.
- School Psychology (PhD, EdS) - Receive broad training in assessment, intervention, and consultation with parents and educators to work in K-12 public and private school settings.
- Castle Dale
- Price (USU Eastern)
To view all degrees and programs available at USU, visit Degree Finder. Please note, not all degrees and programs are available at every location. We recommend searching by location unless you intend on relocating. Contact a Statewide Campuses advisor to verify program availability in your area.
View Potential Careers
School Counseling Specialization
- Students who graduate with the school counseling specialization work as counselors in K-12 public and private schools.
Behavior Analysis, Brain & Cognition, Quantitative Psychology Specializations
- Students who graduate with the experimental and applied psychological science specialization work at universities in faculty or research positions.
Combined Professional-Scientific Psychology Specialization
- With the combined professional-scientific psychology specialization, students can work as psychologists in the following capacities: hospitals, academia, university counseling centers, private practice, community mental health centers
School Psychology Specialization
- Students who graduate with the school psychology specialization work as psychologists in K-12 schools.
Course Listing (University Catalog)
How to Get Started
Connect with a local rep
Tell us about yourself.Get Started
Talk to an advisor
Get help deciding or learn more about degrees and programs.Make an Appointment
You can apply online at any time to Utah State University.Apply Now
The Emma Eccles Jones College of Education & Human Services may charge differential tuition for this program. Differential tuition is an added cost per credit for courses in the program. See the last page in the USU Tuition & Fee schedule for more information.