About This Degree
Skilled accounting graduates are in high demand as they play the vital role of communicating financial information about a business to shareholders, managers, and other decision makers. For this reason, the Utah State University School of Accountancy has developed a student-oriented teaching style in which accounting students will become experienced in financial management, business transaction tracking, financial reporting, audit, tax strategy, and information systems development. Through these academically rigorous courses, students will learn how to select and master particular accounting skill-sets that will result in rapid career growth upon graduation. Accounting is a future-focused, family-friendly, and financially rewarding career choice.
- Students will receive a BS by completing all required courses in their major. To receive a BA, students must also gain proficiency in one or more foreign languages.
- A dual major in accounting and economics is also available. Students meeting the requirements for the dual major can receive a BA or a BS. Talk to your academic advisor to find out more about completing a dual degree.
The Jon M. Huntsman School of Business may charge differential tuition for this program. Differential tuition is an added cost per credit for courses in the program. See the last page in the USU Tuition & Fee schedule for more information.
View Potential Careers
With a degree in accounting, students may pursue the following careers:
- Public accountant - auditing, taxes, consulting (with graduate degree)
- Finance officer
- IRS agent
- Assurance services
- Forensic accounting
- Consulting services
- Information technology services
- Environmental accounting
- International accounting
- Tax and financial planning
Our professional career coaches are equipped with all the tools necessary to help you with interview prep, professional networking, job searching, and so much more! Schedule an appointment today.
Course Listing (University Catalog)
Online classes are not available to USU F-1 and J-1 sponsored students. International students sponsored by USU on a F-1 visa can study at Logan or Price campus and must register for face-to-face classes. International students sponsored by USU on a J-1 visa can study at Logan campus and must register for face-to-face classes.