Interested in food and how it works both in the kitchen and in your stomach? This scholarship program works with our Chef and Assistant Program Coordinator to develop leadership skills that can be used in any part of the food service industry. Learn from Industry Professionals the art of menu calculations, cooking skills, working with dietary restrictions, portion sizing, event planning, and more.
5 Scholarships available per semester at:
- $800 towards housing fees ($200 from Leadership, $600 from scholarship)
- 10 week meal plan (taxable)
- Enrolled at USU Eastern with a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- Must live on campus
- GPA minimum of 3.0
Requirements up to 10 hours per week of unpaid leadership training and development
- Full Semester participation-1 week before school starts up until 1 week after Finals.
- Attendance and participation in Leadership Skills meeting/training sessions from industry leaders including Pepsi, US Foods, Universities and Chefs.
- Participation in Campus Leadership Committees and activities.
- Willingness to work as a team to accomplish all goals set forth by the department head.
- Organize and assist with Cooking Club discussions, activities, and student participation.
- One on one training with Chef and Assistant Program Coordinator to understand COGS, menu creation, vending, ordering, waste management, scheduling, and more.
- Act as an advocate for student issues relating to food and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Training you will gain as a Pepsi Student Leader
- Food Handlers Certification
- Serve Safe Certification
- Leadership skills and management opportunities
To apply for a Pepsi Leadership Scholarship, see Student Leadership.