The Geary Events Center hosts a variety of student and community events from USU Eastern Theater department productions to community events and special guest performances.
Events everywhere will look a little different for a while, but this is what we at the Geary Event Center are doing to help keep you safe!
- One set of doors will be used for entrance (the front glass doors), and another for exit (side doors), please look for signage
- Markers will be placed for our box office line to maintain social distancing
- The back doors to the auditorium will be closed, and patrons will be encouraged to use the side entrance
- Ushers will assist patrons to find seats, ensuring that parties are seated three seats apart from the next closest party, and that there are vacant rows in front and behind each party.
- When the event is over, pleasure ensure you have all of your personal belongings, including trash, and exit the auditorium, our staff will ensure the seats used, and surrounding areas are cleaned, and sanitized, ready for the next event
- When possible, purchase tickets online, or come early to events to ensure a seat, as seating will be limited due to capacity restrictions
Thank you so much for your patronage, and for continuing to support events during these unprecedented times. Enjoy the show!
Book the Geary Event Center
Do you have an event you would like to hold in the Geary Event Center?
See Event Services or contact Braden Nelsen for information and services. Let us help make your event spectacular! Tours of the Geary Event Center are also available. Email Braden for an appointment.
Come see movies on the big screen, the way they were intended!
Movies begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Geary Event Center.
Entrance is only $1.
The Geary Then and Now
Blending the old with the new, the Geary Event Center, originally completed in 1961, underwent a multi-million dollar refurbishment, and is now the premier event center in the region, boasting a full LED house, state-of-the-art sound, and a modern interior and seating, the Geary Event Center truly is the jewel of Eastern Utah.
The Geary Event Center was named for Professor Elmo Geary, who taught speech, debate, and theatre from 1951 until his death in 1961. Professor Geary was the driving force in getting the Geary Event Center built. His legacy, the program, and this building continue to be a vital part of USU Eastern and our culture.