Students planning to continue their education after leaving USU Eastern should stop by the Advising Office.
Associate degree-seeking students at USU Eastern will need to complete a Bachelor Degree Major Request form to apply to transfer to other USU campuses. You can pick this form up from your academic advisor or from the Records Office. If you are attending in Price and are already admitted to a bachelor's degree program, the process is different; please meet with your academic advisor.
Steps to Prepare for Transfer
- Get applications (admissions, housing, financial aid, etc.) submitted by set deadlines. Be sure to check with the school(s) you are planning on transferring to for these deadlines.
- Send your transcripts to each school you apply to.
- You can have them mailed directly from USU Eastern. You may have to send more than one, so be prepared. See transcripts requests for detailed information.
- If you have transcripts from other colleges, contact their Records Office. Most schools require the following information: full name, dates of attendance, birth date, social security number, current address, signature, and where to send—including a fee.
- Make an individualized visit to check out the campus. Meet individually with an advisor, talk with representatives from job placement, housing, etc.
- Enroll in courses that will transfer within your major. Check the catalog of the school you are transferring to for degree requirements and articulation to ensure course equivalencies. Your academic advisor at your new school can be a big help.
- Get financial aid paperwork completed and sent as soon as it becomes available. The school to which you transfer will often require a supplemental application form.
- Students transferring with less than 30 credit hours will need to include their high school transcripts and ACT scores with their admissions application.
- Plan to send another transcript once your final grades and degree have been posted to your transcript.
- Online applications for admission are usually not processed until the fee has been paid.
- Start requesting letters of recommendation. You may need them for scholarship or departmental applications.
- Attend a new or transfer student orientation at the school to which you plan to transfer.