Utah State University Testing Centers promote academic integrity by supporting the student honor pledge.
USU Honor Pledge
I pledge, on my honor, to conduct myself with the foremost level of academic integrity.
- Test takers are required to verify their identity by showing a current, government-issued photo ID (USU student ID, driver’s license, state or military ID, passport, etc.).
- All backpacks, purses, books, and other materials must be inaccessible during the exam.
- Hats must be inspected by a proctor or inaccessible during the exam.
- Coats, jackets, gloves, sunglasses, and other weather apparel must be inspected or removed and stored during the exam.
- All electronic devices (cell phones, smartwatches, etc.) must be turned off and stowed away during the exam.
- Watches of all makes and models are not allowed in the testing room.
- Test aids (notes, books, charts, etc.) will be allowed only if written permission has been received from the instructor. These items will be collected at the end of the exam unless the instructor has stated otherwise.
- Extended time, screen readers, or other allowances must come from the DRC office at least 2 days prior to the exam.
- Once in the testing room, test takers must not speak or get help from other test takers.
- Looking or copying from someone else’s exam is strictly prohibited.
- Computer-based exams must be taken on Testing Center computers. The use of personal electronic devices during an exam is prohibited.
- Test takers may not use any removable media such as flash drive or portable hard drives while in the testing room.
- Once the exam has started, test takers are not allowed to leave the testing room until they have completed the exam. Bathroom breaks may be allowed in extreme situations, but will be reported to the instructor.
- No outside scratch paper is allowed. If permitted, scratch paper will be provided by the Testing Center and collected at the end of the testing session.
- All calculators will be cleared upon entry and exit of the testing center.
- No food or drink is allowed in the testing center.
- Children, visitors, and pets are not allowed in the Testing Center and cannot be left unattended in USU facilities while the student is testing. Only trained service animals that perform a specific service are allowed in the Testing Room.
- Testing Center proctors will document and report any irregular activity to instructors.
To schedule an appointment, call (435) 613-5325.